|Dressing for Your Holiday Office Party: What To Wear!
How to go from 9-to-5 to After-5 in A Flash!
It’s 5 o’clock – but it’s not quitting time. Instead, it’s the holiday office party . And if you're like most women it's an event that can leave you shrugging your shoulders and wondering what in the world to wear.
Complicating matters further: When you don’t have time to stop home and change – and must go right from a day behind a computer to a night of champagne cocktails.
But before try to spend the day doing spread sheets in a sequined tank top and glittery tulle skirt listen up: With just a little clever accessorizing you can turn any typical work outfit into a classy party look.
Where do you begin? By starting your day with the most basic wardrobe essentials - a black or other solid color suit or dress. Or, if you wear slacks to work, choose a pair of solid trousers and matching color sweater.
Now if you're thinking that so far, this doesn't sound very festive, hold on - because the magic is about to begin. Waving the wand is the power of accessories - the best way to go from daytime to nighttime in a flash!
To help you get started: Here are 10 super CountryDutchess tips that can turn any basic work attire into a glamorous night time look .The best part: You can carry the entire transformation in a plastic baggy stashed in your purse!
1. Never overlook the glam power of a great pair of earrings. And, the more dramatic the better. If you always wear nothing but small studs or tiny hoops, here’s a chance to wow colleagues with your style by choosing a dramatic pair of Boho chandeliers or a dressy crystal drop earring. It's instant glamour for even the simplest dress.
2. Fill in your neckline with color and light, adding either a sparkly lame scarf, or better still, a crystal necklace in a shimmering gold, silver or bright color. This will bring both light and color to your face and dramatically change your overall look.
3. If you’re not the necklace type jazz up your look with several brightly colored crystal pins. But skip the Christmas trees, wreaths that light up when you pull the string and Santa Claus faces. Instead chose one, large glistening crystal pin reminiscent of a snow flake and surround it with several smaller styles in colors that match either your earrings . . .or your eyes!
4. Bracelets can also add instant glamour but this year the look is to wear them in multiples in different textures and colors. If you start with a few crystal beaded designs, you can then add a metal bangle or a dress watch into the mix for a look that is eclectic and casual, yet festive. Push up the sleeves on your jacket or sweater, to give bracelets maximum exposure.
5. Another great “glam” look this year is
matching cuff bracelets, one for each hand. To create the look for less, skip the expensive precious metal and gemstones and opt for costume cuffs set with faux stones.
6. Remember those plain black pumps that carried you up the train steps and down the hall all day long? Glam them up as well with this year’s hottest new style accessory – shoe clips! From floppy chiffon bows, to glistening crystal flowers, to tailored, gold or silver insignias, you can quickly turn a plain pump into a designer shoe - and take your entire outfit to a whole new level in the process.
7. Finish off your look with one, fabulously large cocktail ring – a great fake won on any finger. Indeed, the look this year is “You've got it, so flaunt it” style – using large center stones to create a big presence on even the tiniest of hands. But remember, just one is all you need!
8. Nothing screams “day at the office” more than a clunky, large tote bag –and it can ruin an otherwise perfect evening look. To keep that from happening, pare down the essentials you normally carry and take only the things you really need - like a driver's license, credit card, cash and keys. Then tuck in a small evening bag. When party time arrives, transfer the essentials to the smaller bag and tuck the tote in a desk drawer or locker and retrieve it the next day.
9. When it comes to glammjng up your makeup, don’t try to redo your entire face. Instead use only a few products to add accents of glamour - like a frosted lipstick, an extra coat of mascara, and just a hint of frosted powder or blush (not both) on the very tops of your cheekbones and around the perimeter of your hairline. Remember, you don’t want to look like Tinkerbell – so use a light hand.
10. For instant party hair, pick up one of those fabulous new clip-on chignons – faux hair that attaches to your own hair with a secure butterfly clip. If you have long hair, pull it back in a bun or pony tail and clip on the piece. If your hair is short, tuck in the ends with bobby pins and clip the chignon at the base of your neck , Add those glamorous earrings and you'll have instant ballerina glamour - chic, sophisticated and stylish!
For more fashion tips and the latest on trend fashion jewelry and accessories visit http://www.CountryDutchess.com
About The Author
Victoria Winston is the style director of http://www.CountryDutchess.com - the premier online source for designer fashion jewelry at affordable prices! For more jewelry tips -and fabulous shopping- visit http://www.CountryDutchess.com