|The Alternative To Sun Tanning is A Spray Tan
With more and more of us understanding the serious consequences of suntanning, we are looking for alternatives. One of the most interesting and improved alternatives is to get a spray tan.
Do any of you remember the first self tanners that hit the shelves many years ago - wella you became instant orange. Well we've come along way babe! The hottest thing to hit the beauty seen is "spray tanning." You really need to check out what's available these days!
Spray tan in a can is the latest in sunless tanning technology. Forget lotions or pump sprays that leave uneven tones. Although lotions have come along way from the carrot orange days, some can still leave you with orange under tones. Aerosol tanning sprays can leave you with a perfect looking, no hassle, even tan. Spray tan in a can is the safest, easiest way to get a perfect sunless tan at home! No more harmful UV rays or trips to the tanning bed.
You will want to find a reputable shop. Ask around, word of mouth is always a good way to find out what salon does the best spray tanning. Once you've chosen a salon book your appointment. If your planning to have a spray tan for a special event, say like your wedding, then I would suggest a trial run about a month prior. If you like the results you can book again, if you don't then I suggest trying another salon.
On the day of your appointment shower and exfoliate. Use a loofah and shower gel and body scrub to remove all your dry/dead skin. This will ensure an even application.
At the salon they will give you instructions, often these instructions are in the form of the video. The whole procedure and what you need to do will be explained to you.. Some important things to remember:
1. hold your breath when the spray is going off (for about 14 seconds and its very challenging)
2. follow the instructions "exactly" as to where to apply the lotion to block the spray on your feet and hands. You need to block the spray from your hands and feet because these areas have excess wrinkles and creases, so if they are sprayed you will get a tell-tale white veiny looking areas in the creases.
3. when the spray stops you need to turn around
4. when you leave the spray booth you will be given towels to wipe down and remove any excess spray. Make sure you wipe not blot.
The color from your spray tan will last anywhere from 7-10 days. The treatments are still a bit on the pricey side at around $40.00 a treatment, so this isn't something you get done on a regular basis, more like a treat or for a special
occasion. Some companies sell packages that give you a reduced rate.
It is important to apply plenty of moisturizer on a regular basis to the extent the life of your Spray on Sun Tan. If you have very dry skin use a deep moisturizer. Blend any moisturizer into the skin and do not wipe it off as this will remove some of your spray tan. Baths, spas and swimming in chlorinated pools will reduce the life of your tan.
Tips for spray tanning...
1. All the spray tanning in the world will do you no good if it attaches itself to dead skin that is about to come off your body so be sure to Exfoliate! Use a loofah sponge in the bath the night before you spray tan session to remove these dead skin cells.
2. Choose your clothes carefully. Pick clothes that cover all the parts of your body you won't be tanning. Select tight fitting clothes so that the tan spray cannot go under your sleeves. Choose dark colored clothes, since spray tanners will stain clothing.
3. Follow the instructions! Provided by the Salon. Self-tanning booths typically have a handout, so read up, and make sure you know what to do!
4. For 30-60 seconds after a self-tanning booth application you need to Stand still. This will ensure that your tan dries evenly. Although it does take longer than 30 seconds for your spray tan to dry completely, the first minute or more is when you run a real risk of rubbing off the self-tanner before it has a chance to work.
5. After your spray tan application you will need to Blot your skin with a towel to catch any drips.
6. Because your feet normally get less sun than the rest of you, your feet are paler and may get dark faster, so it is important to Protect your feet. If you are spraying yourself, go lightly on the feet. If you are using a salon use the paper booties that are provided to protect your feet. You can later apply a self tanner to your feet to give them the appropriate amount of color.
If you've got a special event coming up, perhaps a wedding, prom, or a re-union, spray tanning might be something you'll want to try. When done correctly it results in a very natural looking tan adding summer color to your pale winter skin.
About the Author
Sher from Estate Jewelry International have been serving customers for over 20 years, providing affordable estate jewelry, and a wealth of information on jewelry, fashion, designers, and beauty with on staff industry professionals. Please visit us at http://www.estatejewelryinternational.com/