|Project: Glowing Goblins
This project is perfect for the artistically challenged or those who prefer instant gratification. My young sons completed theirs in just 15 minutes.
Glass Votive (any size or shape)
Solid Black Halloween Stickers (bats, witches, ghosts, etc.)
Stencils, Stamps, and Black Acrylic Paint
Orange Tissue Paper, Torn Into Pieces
2 TBSP White Glue
2 TBSP Water
1. Adhere stickers onto the outside of the votive –OR- If using stencils or stamps, paint heavily enough that no light shines through the shapes. Let dry completely.
2. Mix glue and water. Paint glue onto the outside of glass, on top of the stickers.
3. While the glue is wet, layer pieces of tissue paper and glue until the entire votive is covered and the tissue is saturated.
4. Turn the votive upside down to dry (a hairdryer speeds up the process).
5. Once dry, add a tea light and let the glow from these festive candles welcome the
Copyright Nine Twenty Press
You have permission to reprint this article electronically or in print, free of charge, provided that each article is:
1. Printed in its full form with no changes
2. Includes an active link
3. A courtesy copy of your publication is sent to the above contact
4. And the following byline appears at the bottom of each article:
Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award-winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their website that's jam packed with family ideas, visit http://www.togetherparenting.com
To subscribe to their online newsletter, go to http://www.togetherparenting.com/feedback.asp