|10 Impressions on Online Dating
Are you a little uncomfortable with the idea of Internet dating? Have you thought about how great it is for busy people; how convenient? Don't ever be duped by an online dating suitor. There are tales of deceit and heartbreak, don't be one of them.
1. It is easy to get involved in online dating relationships; for some it can lead to an addiction. Some find themselves enjoying the flirtatious advances of the opposite sex, both in chat rooms and with on-line dating services. People get sucked into on-line relationships and become addicted to the world of on-line dating and chat rooms. For some it becomes an obsession. The classic story is a person who finds himself or herself divorced after 20+ years, followed by a string of unhappy relationships, then entering a Chat Room.
2. Because there is anonymity, there is deceit and lies in chat rooms. Deception lurks around every corner. You can create a persona, quite different from yourself. You can act out a part, instead of being a real person. There are characters online ready to predate on the unwary and naive.
3. Online dating is every bit real. There is addiction, obsessiveness, vindictiveness, desperation, impulsiveness, and even downright guilt. Love is a powerful emotion. Do not follow your heart and not your head. Don't journey outside your comfort zone and be overtaken by a seductive search for true companionship.
4. Are you smart about online dating? Do you tell yourself, "I'll keep the relationship at the e-mail level before deciding to talk on the phone!" Yes, take baby steps to discover if you have a great deal in common. You can enjoy Chat Rooms, but be aware where it can lead you if you are not savvy.
5. Are you the kind of person that never thought about online dating? Did a friend convinced you to give online dating a try? You've read the success stories of how people met on the Internet: it was "a miracle" for them. Are you curious about online dating? Lots of books have been written on this subject. You must read a few if you are thinking
of entering this medium.
6. For parents, know that there are millions of predators out there, so put the right safeguards in effect to protect your family. There are online safety tips that must be followed for children, not just yourself.
7. It's easy to build relationships via Chat and the Net. The attraction to online dating is how easy it is to fill out a profile and suddenly have a list of "Top 10" matches. If you're too needy, you think how close you are to long walks on the beach and even experiencing a falling star together! And for every one of the stories that you hear about meeting and dating the perfect man, there are stories of relationships that end traumatically when a date's wife answers the phone. Don't let a true life online dating experience that started in a Chat Room, end with yourself in counseling, a total wreck.
8. We live in an age of instant communication with mobile phones, sms, internet relay Chat, instant messaging, ICQ. You surf the Web and up pops a message from a potential lover. The nice thing about Internet dating is that you can do it at your own pace without taking time away from work. But don't let that rush you into anything. There are unfortunately a lot of opportunities for the unsavory members of our society.
9. Many more millions are entering online dating unarmed and this is why the reported number of dangers is increasing. Many stories of unsavory online dating liaisons are taking place. Imagine the horrible dates and unpleasant experiences that are not being reported, because people are either too embarrassed or afraid to share their online dating experiences with anyone.
10. Don't ever be duped by an online dating suitor. There are tales of deceit and heartbreak, don't be one of them.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
dedicated to offering news, articles, and instruction on online dating. You have a definite choice in how you play the dating game! Visit http://www.askonlinedating.com for more information.